The word "Sustainability" is lost it essence and must be re-defined. Maybe it should be call 'naturation/naturability(restoring nature)' developemnt. Cheers, Jeremiah
Yeah, restoring nature comes closer to what I would call it. At the moment I think we are removing resources from places and using them in other places, which simply seen in a biologist view means we are make new stable states. "Stable state" sounds positive, since it is a situation that can sustain itself. However, do note that a rainforest (if undisturbed) is a stable state, but a desert is as well... If you consider the fact that we are 'playing' with the stable state in which we as humans have to live, I'd stop playing with it. Because, should we end up in the desert, we're not in a good situation.
(Even though this blog is awfully quiet, we'll try to make it more activly again. Perhaps we should re-e-mail people? Or make the blog accessible for people outside the E4S group. I've referred to the course and out activities in my own blog often enough.)
The word "Sustainability" is lost it essence and must be re-defined. Maybe it should be call 'naturation/naturability(restoring nature)' developemnt. Cheers, Jeremiah
ReplyDeleteYeah, restoring nature comes closer to what I would call it. At the moment I think we are removing resources from places and using them in other places, which simply seen in a biologist view means we are make new stable states. "Stable state" sounds positive, since it is a situation that can sustain itself. However, do note that a rainforest (if undisturbed) is a stable state, but a desert is as well... If you consider the fact that we are 'playing' with the stable state in which we as humans have to live, I'd stop playing with it. Because, should we end up in the desert, we're not in a good situation.
ReplyDelete(Even though this blog is awfully quiet, we'll try to make it more activly again. Perhaps we should re-e-mail people? Or make the blog accessible for people outside the E4S group. I've referred to the course and out activities in my own blog often enough.)